IFS Introduction – 10th & 11th October 2019 in Sydney
October 10 @ 9:30 am - October 11 @ 4:30 pm$520
Internal Family Systems is a non-pathologizing, collaborative and empowering model of therapy which fosters transformation, gently, quickly, and effectively. The IFS Model represents a synthesis of two already-existing paradigms: systems thinking and the multiplicity of the mind with an understanding that symptoms are actually the coping mechanism of our parts trying to protect us from pain.
The Centre for Community Welfare Training (CCWT) in Sydney is now offering a 2 day Introduction to IFS. introducing you to the key concepts of IFS.
This workshop is a mix of:
- Didactic presentation & group discussion of IFS concepts
- Live demonstrations of IFS sessions
- Experiential learning in pairs to practice IFS therapy skills
- Personal coaching through a practice session in a triad
2. Explore & practice the difference between normal therapeutic listening and listening for parts in Internal Family Systems
3. Recognise roles parts play in the presenting issues from a non-pathologising perspective
4. Access and explore protector parts in a session using a 6-step protocol
5. Increase affect tolerance & emotional regulation from an IFS perspective
6. Recognise Exile parts in the client’s life or in a session
7. Identify opportunities for integrating IFS into current practiceWho should attend?Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Coaches, Psychologists, Hypnotherapists, Social Workers, Community Workers, Expressive Arts therapists, Mental Health Nurses and Psychiatrists.