Grief & IFS 2 day Workshop – 22nd to 24th November 2019, Melbourne
November 22 @ 7:00 pm - November 24 @ 1:00 pm$395 – $695
This two-day didactic & experiential workshop offers an invitation to become aware of how the Internal Family System model maps onto loss. Unlike other “issues” that our clients may present that may not be part of our experience, the universality of grief means that we will, inevitably, have parts triggered when our clients present with their responses to loss. Or we may be recently bereaved and still needing to work.
In this workshop we become more familiar with our own “grief cluster” that responds to losses. Our awareness of our own process brings us clarity in the face of triggers, enables us to support the parts in our own system, and affords us the capacity to hold more Self energy in the presence of grieving clients.
Goals of this workshop:
This weekend offers a mix of didactic and experiential opportunities to:
- become more confident in working with many kinds of loss
- integrate bereavement theory with the IFS model
- understand what makes grief unique as a process
- explore how your personal loss History has informed your system
- identify where and how is grief is held in your body
- connect with where your parts are now in relation to grief
- participate in or observe a demonstration of how an IFS therapist works with grief
- celebrate the legacy and gifts of connection
- appreciate how IFS encompasses the Spiritual dimension of loss
- ask as many questions as you need
- continue to develop community with other IFS-informed folk
Derek Scott is a registered social worker and certified IFS (Internal Family Systems) therapist with an international online practice based in London, Ontario, Canada where he founded IFSCA – an organization dedicated to bringing awareness of the IFS model to counsellors and therapists in Canada and beyond. He has taken the highest level of IFS training (level three) 3 times.
“Derek is a great teacher and has an incredible grasp of this work. I cannot recommend (him) more highly.”
Dick Schwartz, Ph.D, Founder, IFS therapy
“Derek’s workshops are transformational. His sensitivity to both the group and individual is exceptional. Workshops you don’t want to miss”
Russell Bailey, Senior Associate, Counselling Associates
“Derek’s ability to create a safe and welcoming learning environment allowed for my own personal exploration as well as enhanced my sensitivity for all of my clients. I would highly recommend this workshop for both IFS and non-IFS practitioners.
Ann Drouilhet, LICSW, LMFT, certified IFS therapist
Suitable for professionals and those in training, these workshops require basic familiarity with the Internal Family Systems model of psychotherapy through an Introductory workshop (see list of upcoming events here), the online IFS Circle or Continuity course, or a series of at least two initial IFS consultation sessions or similar.