EMDR & Internal Family Systems – 2day Workshop – Melbourne
February 2 @ 8:45 am - February 3 @ 5:30 pm
US-based Bruce Hersey will offer this 2 day workshop. Bruce Hersey is an Approved Consultant in EMDR & Clinical Hypnosis (EMDRIA & ASCH), an AASECT Certified Supervisor in Sex Therapy, and also Certified Level 3 in Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS).
The two-full-day didactic & experiential workshop is offering a specific view of ego-states, in the context of EMDR therapy through an IFS lens, regarding their ubiquitous appearance, defenses, & relational phenomena. A conceptual bridge is formed between the two models, yielding additional language to enrich therapist-client communication about the client’s internal process, and much more.
Understand the importance of Self-Presence and the co-presence or activation of a Target Part in relationship to the Self. Cultivate and maintain Functional Dual Attention in the Assessment & Desensitization Phases using measurement scales (beyond SUD & VOC) relating to Self-Energy, state-binding affect & protective intention.
Alignment with Memory Reconsolidation research a la Coherence Therapy (Ecker, Ticic, Hully, 2013 Routledge) for additional precision in targeting underlying implicit memories, to increase the accuracy of identifying and elaborating appropriate positive and negative cognitions in the Assessment Phase.
Click here to watch a short video.
Who is this for?
Participation is for therapists and counsellors, mental health clinicians, certified coaches, or students in accredited graduate training programs. Practitioners working experientially and wholistically will find this approach broadens and makes more acute their existing work through using the steps of the IFS ‘parts’ model.
Suitable to certified EMDR professionals and those in training, these workshops require basic familiarity with ego state work and the Internal Family Systems model of psychotherapy through an Introductory workshop, online course, series of at least two initial IFS consultation sessions or similar.
Attending this or a previous Introductory workshop, a Level 1 certification, or ongoing IFS supervision as a pre-requisite for attending this CE-endorsed event here with Mariel.
Application is being made for 13 CE hour units by both EMDRIA and the US Center for Self Leadership for practitioners seeking accreditation hours.
Goals of this workshop:
1. Name one advantageous aspect of the IFS concept of Self that is not explicitly included in EMDR’s Adaptive Information Processing (AIP) system.
2. Explain the relationship between Functional Dual Attention and Self-Presence.
3. Describe the concept of energy as it applies to Protective Parts and how this can be measured and processed within EMDR.
4. Describe the concept of energy as it applies to qualities of Self and how these can be measured and installed as a resource within EMDR.
5. Name at least one way that IFS language can used in obtaining a NC, PC or VOC.
6. Complete an IFS-Informed Assessment Phase target.
7. Practice shifting targets from exile to protector, using IFS-Informed scales in Desensitization Phase.
8. Describe & practice at least 3 IFS Interweaves in Desensitization Phase.
9. Name the 4 steps of the Therapeutic Reconsolidation Process distilled from Memory Reconsolidation research by Coherence Therapy.
10. Describe and practice obtaining precise negative cognitions in the Assessment Phase using Coherence Therapy concepts.
11. Deepen your relationship with your parts-as-therapist based on the IFS model